Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Heroes Have Always Been Monsters Part 28

It's that time again, fiends! Part 28 and it's dedicated to one of the best metal acts of all time, still going strong, still making incredible albums and putting on fantastic shows...
I picked up their original self titled debut when I was 11 or 12, I think Seventh Son was the current or most recent album at that time. I knew them from the poster for the Killers album on my cousins wall that gave me nightmares when I was little. Of all the music I already liked and would get into later, Iron Maiden was tailor made for teenage me. Their albums collected a little dust in my early twenties, but a roommate helped me remember just how much they meant to me and I've stuck with them ever since. No where in rock and roll is there a more iconic and cool symbol as Eddie, you know a Maiden track as soon as it starts and in my house they were BANNED. I was not aloud to listen to them (I had a strict Southern Baptist upbringing) which made every triumphant track just that much more delicious! From here on I'll let the images and music do the talking. Enjoy!

If you Maiden art you need this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment