Sunday, December 9, 2012

Stop F'ing With Batgirl!

So DC Comics, in very classy fashion, has fired Gail Simone from Batgirl via email. Someone explain this to me right now. You know what? Nevermind. I don't want to hear DC's explanation. I'll look on the bright side. Simone will have a creator-owned book out at some point with a company that will appreciate her and the fans will be behind her and DC will certainly find themselves on the wrong side of history.
Gail, thanks for Secret Six, Birds of Prey, and especially Batgirl (and hell, everything else for that matter!) Looking forward to what you do next.
Now, as for Batgirl, aka Barbara Gordon, the series is over for me. I've enjoyed where it was going and I'm not interested in what's next, particularly if its handed over to some dude, even someone I like. Ann Nocenti is probably the only writer that might make me think about continuing with Batgirl, but even then I'll probably just check the trade out from the library.
I don't know any of these people, I probably shouldn't take it personally. But it's crap and it's bush league. You know the old saying; if ain't broke, don't fix it. Well here's a new one; if you break it, f-it, I ain't waiting for you to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment